Since 1989 we have been working with businesses to find them their future stars. Many of our clients now recruiting apprentices tell us how they secured their first roles through Starting Off and were provided with the training that has helped them to build and excel in their careers over the years.
The Starting Off Way – Ambition in our objectives, Passion in what we do
This is the apprenticeship recruitment arm of the business. We work with companies across England to help them recruit fresh talent. We then deliver the apprenticeship standard to best match the role, the individual and the business. We predominately specialise in apprenticeship roles covering the office-based sector including: Administration, customer service, digital marketing, IT, leadership, accountancy and HR. We can however recruit for more technical apprenticeships and support you to find a training provider delivering a suitable qualification to match the role.
Supporting you to grow through honest recruitment
Alongside our apprenticeship recruitment we also recruit for many clients who are looking to employ candidates on a permanent basis where no apprenticeship qualification is offered. This is typically for candidates with 1 year +experience. Whilst we specialise in mainly office based, commercial roles we can support with permanent roles across any fields. Our recruiters have a wealth of experience, and we will often find our apprentices come back to us if a permanent opportunity is not available in the business, they completed their apprenticeship. We can then match them to a brilliant new permanent opportunity through S.O Permanent Recruitment.
• Initial call with one of our experienced recruiters to discuss apprenticeship recruitment. This typically includes guiding you through funding, grants available, apprentices’ salary, job roles, training schedule, commitment from employer
• Compiling of job documents Including a job description
• Advertising of job role across several job boards and with education establishments
• Registration of candidate which includes an in-depth interview
• Candidate completes Starting Off basic skills test
• References obtained and sent
• Education certifications taken
• ID Taken
• Shortlisted candidates’ details sent to clients
• Interviews arranged and confirmed
• Feedback given and passed onto candidate and any job offers made
• Confirmation of offer to candidate issued
• Guides for reserving funds and applying for incentives sent if apprenticeship recruitment
• Hand- over to training team to organise sign up for apprenticeship standard if an apprentice placement